Thursday, February 18, 2010

How do you remove textured paint from walls?

I want to remove textured paint from my interior walls (landing, stairs). I think its textured paint as its a very thin coating. Ive tried my best to remove a small patch and its smooth plaster underneath. Any suggestions? I can supply you with a pic of walls for texture if needed.How do you remove textured paint from walls?
a sharp scraper with a wide blade would be a good bet. but be careful, becuase sometimes artex appears as you have described and its bloody nasty stuff. scrape the peaks and high bits off the wall and then get a plasterer to skim over the lot. its probably the only way youll get flat walls as scrapers can tear the existing plaster to shreds. i cant understand people who want to texture their walls!

No comments:

Post a Comment