Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How do I apply textured paint to my cielling?

Textured paint enables you to create the effect of plaster or stucco on interior wall surfaces and it's thick enough to hide minor flaws. Lowe's stocks three types of textured paint:








Smooth texture-gives a stucco effect.








Sand texture-effect is slightly rough (like sandpaper) because of added sand particles.








Ceiling texture-same ';popcorn'; effect as sprayed-on textured ceilings.





Textured paints are for interior use only. A custom color can be mixed or the base white can be painted after it is dry. Use an inexpensive applicator (special texture roller cover, coarse brush, putty knife or trowel) to apply textured paint on the desired surface.How do I apply textured paint to my cielling?
http://www.diynetwork.com/ has a lot of do it yourself projects.How do I apply textured paint to my cielling?
at lowes or home depot their is a decorative roller attachement that you use with regular paint or drywall compound that will give you that effect. I did mine myself it came out very nice. Just take your time doing it and put down plenty of plastic because it splatters alot

No comments:

Post a Comment