Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How would I put texture on my painting?

I'm going to put a layer of texture (sand) on first, and then paint over it. Or should I add sand to the paint, or maybe use something other than sand?How would I put texture on my painting?
Sorry but Taylor's answer is wrong! I do oil painting (abstract) and I use acrylic ';Gel Grains'; which contain either sand, lava (try lava, it is extraordinary) or large grains. You can either mix them with -acrylic- painting or not before using them.


As I do oil painting, I must put the gels before I put any oil stuff, to respect the ';fat on meagre'; rule. Visit my site and see my recent abstract (';non-figurative';) paintings as examples.


You can have a lot of fun using those gels properly.





P.S. I would either wait until the gel is completely dry before painting on it, or either work while it solidifies.How would I put texture on my painting?
there are many different ';mediums'; that you can add for different types of texture in a painting. In an art store they will have them near the actual paint colors. Nowadays, there are wonderful additives that can make anything from a light texture to a heavy impasto look. Make sure you buy the one that is compatible with the type of paint that you use...acrylic and oils need different mediums.
put the sand on after you paint.


if you put it on before you'll just be swirling it around and it will get all messy.
u can use a gesso.....

No comments:

Post a Comment