Saturday, February 27, 2010

I want to paint the lower half of my walls a textured blue ontop of a white base, how do you transition?

Where the blue would meet the white halfway up the wall how do you transistion? any ideas would be great I cant seem to find any pictures or articals about this style of painting, maybe its called something I dont know? any help would be awsome!


ThanksI want to paint the lower half of my walls a textured blue ontop of a white base, how do you transition?
A couple of things that you can do...





1) Paint your walls entirely white. Then to put on a crisp band of color without any bleed, first place a line of blue painter's tape where you want the color separation to be, then run a small bead of latex caulk over the edge where the two colors will meet. Wipe down the caulk until you have a very thin layer on the wall, then peel off the tape, and paint up to the line of caulk. The thin bead will seal off the dry surface better than any tape. A few hours later, peel off the caulk.





2) do as I stated above, but you could also add a wallpaper border or a chair rail molding to enhance the separation.

No comments:

Post a Comment