Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I painted my walls with a sand textured paint, but now some edges look too dark and blotchy!?

I don't know how to fix this. I applied two coats, however the edges are noticeably darker than the rest of the wall, it looks horrible.I painted my walls with a sand textured paint, but now some edges look too dark and blotchy!?
You have to apply many coats unfortunately. Ive had to apply 4 coats one time. Make sure the edges are still wet when you roll out a section. They say to do 2 or 4 foot sections at a time. Also, make sure you constantly mix the paintI painted my walls with a sand textured paint, but now some edges look too dark and blotchy!?
my daughter wanted sandy walls... so a handyman we hired applied it... it came out well and I watched him work. She wanted a medium blue sandy paint.


Is the paint already dry? (wet paint looks darker than dry paint) Do shadows in the room make the dark areas look darker? I'd like to help, but I need more information. The man painted in the opposite directions... kinda like 'wax on, wax off' in Karate Kid movie. Maybe that helps to make it all a smooth color. Good luck, I hope it turns out well because if all else fails, get a painting handyman to 'fix' it. Maybe they could apply one more coat to even out whatever you did wrong. (assuming you did anything wrong.)
  • african american hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment