Saturday, February 27, 2010

How do you keep paint from migrating past the border tape in textured interior walls?

You need to ';feather'; the paint on under the tape... lightly load the brush, and then lightly (think of this-- youre using a feather to paint, do it gently!_ stroke the paint from MID TAPE DOWN. If you do this patiently, it will sort of seal off the bottom of the tape with a layer of paint, and then you will be able to paint the next coat normally. You will need to be really careful when you take the tape off that it doesnt peel any of the paint off, but once you take your time with that, it should all be nice looking and crisp.How do you keep paint from migrating past the border tape in textured interior walls?
Make sure your tape is down really tight to the wall (I use blue 3M painters tape), use a brush rather than a roller to cut in along the tape, don't load a lot of paint on the brush, paint strokes away from the tape. Should help unless you have one heck of a texture.How do you keep paint from migrating past the border tape in textured interior walls?
I painted my bedroom today and had the same problem...it's hard to press the tape deep enough into the texture in order to prevent leakage. I think I'm just going to go back over it with a small paintbrush (like one i'd use for art) and try to make thin lines to define the edges and cover up the spots that seeped under the tape. The paint was fine in most spots, but it looks pretty bad in the bumpier places. I found an old can of ceiling paint in my garage to touch up with, but I've got 3 more rooms to paint so I'm curious as to what you find out. I'll be watching this question...good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment