Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What happens if I do not paint my textured ceiling?

I recently installed a textured ceiling with a roller and diluted joint compound. The color is white, and the appearance looks great.





Do I really need to primer/paint this ceiling? I was told that if I do not paint it will crumble off into dust, is this true?What happens if I do not paint my textured ceiling?
When it gets dusty and you have to sweep it you will wish you painted it. And it will get dusty.What happens if I do not paint my textured ceiling?
We had to have all of our ceilings redone about 10 years ago, due to a catastrophe. I wanted the same type of ceilings as our plaster ones, so they put that texture on the drywall, the same that you did. We don't smoke, and have electric heat, so they still look nice and we have never painted them. We had a swirl pattern put in ours. I never saw any dust from them. It dries hard, so I would suggest not painting until it gets dirty.
That depends did you prime the plasterboard before you did the Texture finish if you did not then it wont be long before it falls down no matter what you do.





If you did then its all good you dont have to paint it but it does provided a sealant to the compound if you are a smoker or have gas heater in the room.





Also if you have painted it you will find that any dampness wont get to it as quick and also it will be alot easier to clean down if you ever have to.
it make it last longer, you really do need to prime and paint the joint compound.

No comments:

Post a Comment