Saturday, February 27, 2010

Can I spray acoustic (popcorn) ceiling texture directly on to a painted plaster ceiling?

I just want to know if the texture will adhere to the paint or do I need to apply a prime coat over the paint before I spray the texture.ThanksCan I spray acoustic (popcorn) ceiling texture directly on to a painted plaster ceiling?
If the paint is a semi-gloss, I would prime it first.


It'll stick better.


But the other respondents have a point.


Acoustic texture is so 70's.


Nobody likes it anymore.


But, to each his own.


Good luck.Can I spray acoustic (popcorn) ceiling texture directly on to a painted plaster ceiling?
If the ceiling is not already popcorned, then I would advise against spraying the ceiling.


I have popcorn ceilings and they are a pain to paint and repair.


I had to use the spray to repair a water damaged area and the spray goes everywhere even when you have it directed at the area you want sprayed. It spray drifts on the walls and on the floor, on you while you are doing it too.


What a mess. If I could replace all my ceilings to be just smooth drywall, I would.


Do not popcorn your ceilings.
Popcorn ceiling texture is universally hated, why would you cover a plaster ceiling with ugly popcorn texture.
best if it is some what pourouse, but not needed. mix the popcorn wth paint and you might get better adheasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment