Thursday, February 25, 2010

Do I need to treat a painted wall before I texture?

I plan to texture an already painted room. The paint appears to be a semi gloss with the little bumps in it. Do I need to treat the wall before I apply a joint compound for texture to make sure it holds?Do I need to treat a painted wall before I texture?
Joint compound will hold over semi gloss finish no problem, but if you want to do it better way, coat of primer would be great primer will unify everything. But you can do it over semigloss, unless it is greasy which it would need to be cleaned.


http://www.surehandsusa.comDo I need to treat a painted wall before I texture?
Clean it. Lightly sand to remove any gloss so you will get good adhesion. Check the can for any other special instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment