Thursday, February 25, 2010

How do I clean acrylic wall paint off of a fiberglass, textured bathtub floor?

Tried magic eraser and clorox clean-up with scrub brush but couldn't get into the texture. What is safe on fiberglass??How do I clean acrylic wall paint off of a fiberglass, textured bathtub floor?
My brother-in-law told me about Goof Off, which I know is sold at Walmart in the automotive section. It actually takes off dried latex paint. I've used it many times to clean paint off of window frames and things that are years old. Be careful though. It is strong stuff. Just use a tiny bit on a rag to see if it hurts the finish. It also smells awful, but when dry the smell goes away. Watch the fumes and it's flammable. But it's not as bad as it sounds. I once used it to take permanent hair color out of my bathroom rug. Although don't tell anyone I color my red (really gray) hair. LOLHow do I clean acrylic wall paint off of a fiberglass, textured bathtub floor?
Try Bon Ami. Keep it plenty wet w/ just a regular sponge. You may also try to fill the tub with hot water and let it sit for 15 or 20 minutes before you clean it. This will soften the paint.
Acrylic paint usually comes up with soapy hot water and stiff brush (toothbrush) or a bath body scrubber. Acrylic is water based paint. Try running some water in the tub with the stopper in, and let it soak for ahile first.
Hi, there is a product that takes dried latex paint off of anything without damage to that item. Even clothes! It's called,';Save A Brush'; and it's made by ,';Red Devil'; you can order it direct from them at www.reddevil.com. it costs $10.00 and is well worth it. I don't know anyplace else that sells it though. I happened to find it in my Dad's Garage just by chance. The stuff really works on anything you need to take dried latex paint off of. The Gals name is Julie at Red Devil. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment