Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How do I add texture to my painted walls??

I want to paint my living room but I want some texture to it. Do you know any web sites they shows what it looks like and how to do it? Or even if you have your own ideas that would be great also.





Thank you so much for your help and ideas!!!!How do I add texture to my painted walls??
If the walls are still wet[or your going to paint them]


you could sponge the paint on[with a ';sponge';].


It gives LOTS of texture.


Heres a link with more ideas:


http://www.ehow.com/how_15412_texture-dr鈥?/a>





Good luck;;How do I add texture to my painted walls??
mellisa check out this link
Well lets see, you could rent a textured spray gun and spray some Sheetrock mud on the walls,that will give you a choice between a high texture or a knockdown texture, the knockdown is my fav,but the choice is yours,there is also a sand additive you can put in your paint,you can get that at your local paint store. HOPE THIS HELPS!
www.texturedsolutions.com
use royale texture ...
there is paint that is textures


that be easiest way use textured paint when you repaint it
go yo your local paint store or home center, they will sell you a sand that you add to your paint for texture
When we are looking for a new texture we make a texture board. Take a decent size piece of sheetrock 4x4 or so. And try different textures, add you paint and overglaze and see which texture you like. You can trowel texture on (like in the Cariker master bath project), you can spray texture (various textures)which requires to rent something if you don't have something although they have texture in a can but I haven't ever used that on a whole room. You can sponge on texture.





If you living room is already painted get the right sealer, seal then texture and then paint.





There are some really cool textured wallpapers you can get and paint. There are also paint containing sand.





We like using a base paint with a glaze for a more demential looks like on the oven hood on the mcquire house. Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment