Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I want to make a sand textured paint to use on my walls what is the paint and sand racier?

Certainly; as others suggest there are premixed sold.





The sand to paint ';RATIO'; is pretty much up to you in a DIY sense. I did my bedroom by mixing; and found that as a base coat I kept adding more sand for more texture. I also applied it with a brush and eventually a paint knife to simulate stucco.





There are no hard/fast defined rules. Mix and test; starting small; IE: an 8 oz. cup of sand to a gallon; and TEST it on a sample, scrap surface.





Steven WolfI want to make a sand textured paint to use on my walls what is the paint and sand racier?
I used the paint for my bedroom it's called Sandstone I bought mine at Homedepot. It's beautiful but pretty hard to use, you CAN';T re-roll over the wet paint or it will lift back on to the roller.I want to make a sand textured paint to use on my walls what is the paint and sand racier?
I think you mean sand paint ratio? First of all you dont use regular sand to mix with the paint. You can go to Home Depot or a paint store for the correct silica ingredient. They will aslo be able to help you (since they are professionals) with the proper mixture in order to get the results you are looking for.
there is a sand paint on the market, ask at a paint store
Think you will be better off buying it ready made.
uh man dont have sand on your walls, go to the beach.
I'm with Ollie............ you can buy this already made in a variety of colours fron B%26amp;Q or Homebase.
The ratio should be on the bag of sand. Be aware that sand finished paint is a real pain to keep clean. It will ';eat'; sponges used for cleaning. Seems they catch dust faster than you can clean them.
Not to sure what kind of finish you are after, If a fine finish then just buy a weather shield textured paint
WHAT YOU WANT TO DO IS NOT POSSIBLE THE TEXTURED PAINT IS MADE WITH SAND AND PAINT BUT IT REQUIRES THE ADDITION OF EMULIFIERS AND ADHESIVE AND IT IS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TYPE OF SAND TO THE STUFF YOU CAN NORMALLY BUY. BUT THE STUFF READY MIXED YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO MIX YOUR OWN BELIEVE ME
Do you mean ratio? Probably like paint:sand 3:1 or something. They do make paint like that though. It's at Home Depot and hardware stores like that, and they come in all different colors with rock/sand/etc. textures. I did my walls with that kind of stuff and gold glitter in the paint, and it came out great.
go to a home depot store they can help you with that
Why don't you just buy textured paint? It's probably a lot less mess %26amp; a lot less fuss. They sell it in B %26amp; Q.
the paint you want is called sandtext i believe its made by dulux
If it were me, I would get some sand, and put it into the paint.....
try homebase or any diy store you can get all colours but you didn't say wether it was exturnal or interia walls you wanted to cover good luck john
  • african american hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment