Thursday, February 18, 2010

What will give walls the appearance of texture and color without using paint, wallpaper, or posters?

I'm in the process of decorating my den and living room. Is there something I can buy to emulate specific textures on the wall, without using paint, posters, or wallpaper?





For instance, I'd like to make the den walls appear brick....is there something I can purchase that would attach to the wall to give this appearance? I'd like something that can be easily added and removed.





I'm not sure if I'm asking this question correctly, so I hope someone understands what I'm asking. Thanks, KikiWhat will give walls the appearance of texture and color without using paint, wallpaper, or posters?
Wallpaper paste and fabric. Roll the wall wet and stick the cloth onto it, take a dry brush and smooth out the fabric. You can take it down in two seconds flat and if you used clear wallpaper paste, you won't see a thing. I wouldn't use brick the straight lines would be too hard to line up. Go see what you can find. Good luck. The best solution would be to ask the landlord. Bye :)What will give walls the appearance of texture and color without using paint, wallpaper, or posters?
Food coloring. Good luck.
There are wall murals you can purchase that come in sections in a variety of designs and themes, but if I'm not mistaken, they adhere to the wall with wallpaper glue. I know you could use staples, tho it seems they would be obvious. Most wallpaper stores have books offering mural designs. Also, you can do a websearch for wall murals for sale. Hope this is what you had in mind.
I don't know about brick but you can get a multitude of effects and colors by using fabric. Just ';paint'; liquid starch on the wall and position your fabric then ';paint'; the fabric with the starch to seal it. It holds up really well but when you're tired of it, you can peel it right off and wipe off the starch. It's easier than wallpapering!
I know that you can buy a sort of paneling that looks like a brick texture. Otherwise, you might check around about old photography backdrops. I don't know exactly how you could affix that to your wall, but I'm sure someone would.
Use sponge technique. Most stores carry the particular sponge you need for 3-d effect.
  • african american hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment