Thursday, February 18, 2010

I live in a mobile home so my walls are covered with wallpaper. i want to paint but i need to texture. how?

I'm willing to pay someone if i have no other options, but i was hoping there is a way to do it myself that won't look cheap. I'm not sure what my options are, does anyone know different ways to texture wallpapered walls?I live in a mobile home so my walls are covered with wallpaper. i want to paint but i need to texture. how?
You must first test the wallpaper to see if it is going to adhere to the wall once it is wet. If it does, then it is safe to texture and paint over the wallpaper. It was actually recommended to me by my painter, as he said removal of wallpaper all too often goes beyond just the paper and adhesive. It can sometimes peel off the layers of drywall. Not good!





Texturing is a job best left to the professionals. I am pretty handy and can do a variety of small jobs, but it is a big undertaking and you will thank yourself later for not putting yourself through that and letting a pro do it from the beginning.I live in a mobile home so my walls are covered with wallpaper. i want to paint but i need to texture. how?
Frankly I don't think you can ';paint'; or ';texture'; the inside of a mobile home and make it look good. You can surely go to a mobile home store and ask what are your alternatives. Maybe there is a paper that would ';look like'; what you want. It's really a shame to invest money though in a mobile home since it's not really a house, it lasts only 1/3 of the length of time a house does, and it's like an automobile.
Live in a mobile home also. Gotta love them walls. Here's what I did with my bathroom. I got a bucket of drywall paste, and got a lot of plastic (Walmart) bags, and put drywall on the wall a small section at a time., and while putting the drywall mud on the wall , build up layers of drywall and stipple the walls with the Walmart bags and then paint. Wait until the drywall mud drys before painting. I hope you understand what I'm trying to get across. You can seal it as I did not, and if you rub up against the wall for any reason, the tips of the stippling show up. Good Luck! Hope this helps.
I live in a mobile home as well and thats not wall paper on the walls, its the paneling that they put up. The walls that I didnt hang traditional dry wall on I painted with a good quality primer then painted the walls what ever color i wanted. They sell textured paint that you can have tinted to your color. I have redone every room in our home, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and have had no problem what so ever with the paint coming back off of the walls that were primed and painted.
Kimmi is right that is not ';wallpaper';. It is however drywall paper and is your actual drywall. Take down all that trim they they staple over the drywall joints. You can fill and sand the joints but its tricky. Use drywall mud and tape as is commonly used. After the joints are filled and sanded give it a good coat of Kilz. Go to Lowes, HD, or your favorite builders supply and tell them you want to texture your walls. They will fix you up with the proper coating. Use a stiplng brush or some coatings can be rolled on. You will use a trowel to knock down the peaks on your walls. Some people leave the peaks on ceilings for acoustic reasons. But to me that's a monster dust catcher. None of this is as hard nor complicated as one might think. Talk to the people at the builders supply and give it hell. Preparation of the original surfaces is of primary importance. If the drywall covering is coated (ie. some kitchens and bathrooms) then roughen it up with medium grain sandpaper after taking down that trim and before you ';kilz';. Easy on all the sanding now. You don't want to remove any of the covering exposing the chalk.
I would recommend NOT painting over wallpaper.
very messy and time consuming


another suggestion...





sponge painting is great for 'hiding' blemished walls





do a light base and a darker tone on the sponge
You should paint a nice layer of killz. It smells bad, but it helps the paint stick. Then you can paint however you want. I've done a job similar to this before.
  • african american hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment