Sunday, February 21, 2010

I have orange leather texture walls, red sofa and red floral chair, should I paint walls different color?

It depends on whether YOU like it!





Traditionally, orange and red do not go together, and it's a strong combination for a whole room. If you look at traditional Indian decor, there is a lot of use of strong colors, and it looks great.





You could tone down the orange to a yellow, but it also takes a lot of paint to cover a strong color.I have orange leather texture walls, red sofa and red floral chair, should I paint walls different color?
I think I would use black accessories and some earth tones to cool down the colors. As a matter effect, I have chosen orange walls for my guest bedroom. The Bedspread I selected is red and gold with black and tan in it. I think you will have a nice spot to be in as long as you tone done the color of your accessories.I have orange leather texture walls, red sofa and red floral chair, should I paint walls different color?
to paint over textures intensely colored walls will take a lot of paint. you could maybe drape some semi sheer fabric over parts of the walls, in maybe a soft lighter orange or pale yellow or off white to soften the look, then incorporate that color in some accent pieces, pillows, get an area rug to tie it all together..or, for the walls, you could do a wash of a lighter color, letting some of the orange show through. check your local home depot, or sherwin williams store for the technique. you can also find the technique on line. www.artsparx.com/a_colorwash.asp


that will still leave the leather texture, but soften the color..


good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment