Thursday, February 11, 2010

I'm looking for an elegant gold color to paint my texture walls inside my home. does anyone suggest a color ?

i'm paintin my living room texture walls. my furniture is cherry wood with frabric sofa and love seat in gold and rustic orange color.I'm looking for an elegant gold color to paint my texture walls inside my home. does anyone suggest a color ?
Anything in the taupe or camel family would be good -- stay away from metalics. Take a pillow to your paint store and match the lightest color and you'll have a winner.





If you want a cozy feeling go darker on the paint swatch than the lightest color and the room will seem to hug you. I always choose darker colors and get so many compliments.





If you have high ceilings you can paint on color to 6 feet (taupe/camel) and then another above it that is lighter that goes on the ceiling too. This makes the room feel cozier too -- if the ceiling is too high the room feels empty and a bit sterile.





Also, to get a truer color with depth and good coverage (also saves money because less less coats are necessary) ask that your primer be tinted with the same color you are painting your walls. The primer will be a little lighter but will bring the wall closer to the finish color which will make cleaning easier too (ever wash a wall and the paint comes off? -- colored primer will help this).I'm looking for an elegant gold color to paint my texture walls inside my home. does anyone suggest a color ?
i have just redone some rooms in my home, in the one room i painted the walls a light toupe, color and then used a seasponge to lightly sponge paint the room using a champainge color on top. gave it a very elegant soft feel. this was important because its a old victorian with lots of dark wood, and old mix tapestery furniture. so the colors could all blend.

No comments:

Post a Comment