Sunday, February 21, 2010

Can I create a textured paint with sand and pva to mix with acrylic paint?

I am creating a painting using acrylic paint and I want to add texture. What gives a good result?Can I create a textured paint with sand and pva to mix with acrylic paint?
All the above mentioned stuff, as well as modelling paste (speedball modelling paste is my favorite), most manufacturers of acrylic mediums make it. Gives texture and thickness and is easier to clean out of your brushes than sand.Can I create a textured paint with sand and pva to mix with acrylic paint?
hey,





yeah you can mix sand with the paint, small pebbles and rice also works. you can use salt on wet areas of paint. you can remove areas of wet paint with textured paper. emulsion transfers also add some depth without any physicality of texture. experiment with impasto too, because its much more fun that faffin about with sand!





x
With Acrylic paint, the sky is the limit. You can mix sand, bits of paper, grass, twigs, essentially anything to create a great texture.





A girl in one of my studio classes painted a self-portrait and used strands of her own hair. It looked awesome.
You can even create texture paint by adding dry tealeaves to your paint. Put some jel medium on the canvas..........let it dry and paint with acrylic to nice texture. Go to my website http://www.hestercorreiaart.com and go and see some of the textures created in my art work.


Good luck.


Hester Correia art.
  • african american hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment