Thursday, February 18, 2010

Are there special paint rollers that leave texture?

I am remodeling my kitchen and I textured the walls with a gun. I decided to leave the ceiling flat because it is straight without a lot of noticeable defects. There are some slight things I want to cover with some texture. Are there rollers available for this? Just wanting a light texture and do I need to use special paint?Are there special paint rollers that leave texture?
You can get special paint and/or rollers, depending on the textures you're going for. For eg, there are satin paints that have a sandy type material in them, that leave a textured finish. Then there are rollers that can leave different textures as well. It all depends on what you're going for. Just go into your local paint store, and they will have several ideas to help you out.Are there special paint rollers that leave texture?
I have used (premixed) drywall compound and a paint roller to texture my walls. 1/4'; nap will give you smaller texture figures while 1/2'; will be a lot more noticeable. I like to use 3/8'; and mix the compound with water to about the thickness of tooth paste. Roll it on and let it dry and paint your heart away.
You can get special paints, rollers, etc. That either have texture or create the appearance of texture at most paint stores like Sherwin Williams, Dutch Boy, Etc.
There's a lot you can do with texturing depending on your paint/brush or roller. Go into a local paint store and talk to them, surely they'll be able to help you.
  • african american hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment