Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Mixing sawdust with paint for a rough texture and more traction...?

I have a ranp (2x8 board) that I use to load and unload my dirtbike. I would like to paint it black but do not want it to be too smooth and be difficult to load a bike with wet tires. Could I mix saw dust with the paint to give it texture and increase the traction.





What are other suggestions?Mixing sawdust with paint for a rough texture and more traction...?
Seems everyone has given you the right anwser. Sand mixed with the paint will work. Paint is also a Key. You need a high traction paint. I have used the same thing on my stairs in the house to remove tracks. It is now over a year and the surface is still non slip. Thought I would wear it out but it still seems to work great. Good LuckMixing sawdust with paint for a rough texture and more traction...?
Paint it, then while the paint is still wet, dust it with coarse builder's sand.
Almost any kind of paint would wear off quickly. Could you glue and nail some traction strips onto the wood?
put some silica sand or builders sand in the paint and use a roller to apply it.
any kind of grit would work it may just take a lil while longer to dry
sand will work
get a roll of skateboard deck tape..... that stuff never comes off..


and exactly what you are needing.

No comments:

Post a Comment