Thursday, February 18, 2010

Can you get texture on the walls with just paint?

I am having new dry wall put up in my bathroom and I am wondering how to go about texturing the walls... I don't want just plain flat walls, but I don't want a lot of texture on them either. I was told you can just use a certain paint roller to get the textured look without actually texturing the walls... is this true? What does this paint roller look like?Can you get texture on the walls with just paint?
There are several different styles of roller sleeve to choose from. I have one that kind of looks like a loofa sponge that does a nice job. If you just want a sand texture, you can pick up a sand additive that you add to the paint, then apply with a standard 1/2'; nap roller. Look for it in your home center near the joint compound. Hope this helps.Can you get texture on the walls with just paint?
There is sand paint- which is paint that you putty on and can get crazy retro textures. It's time consuming though.





Additive which gives you little sand bumps- I added in in a glitter that they sell at lowels in the paint section and it looks great! Easy to do- just buy two packs of the glitter because you have to add more in on the second coat. So my hallway is tan sand texture with a hint of gold glimmer in it.





Also sponge painting and texture rollers- which give a textured ';look'; without adding to the wall. This is a good idea if you plan on ever selling the home or want to change colors. Lowels has a display which shows you- what roller does what.


You can also google ';rag'; painting- my friend did that- it's cheap and different looking. I like it because it's softer then sponge painting.
The higher the nap on a roller, the more textured the paint will be. If you're looking for more texture, you might even want to go with a 1/2';-3/4'; nap.
the roller isn't going to do it.there is a texture you add to the paint.check Menard's or Lowe's they both have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment