Sunday, February 21, 2010

What's the best way to smooth out the knockdown texture on my walls so that I can apply a faux effect paint?

Use a 6'; wide putty knife and start scraping the high spots. Angle the putty knife so you don't gouge the wall. Then a lot of sanding to the desired look.What's the best way to smooth out the knockdown texture on my walls so that I can apply a faux effect paint?
Why not just do it over the knockdown? You'll add depth and texture to ';faux';What's the best way to smooth out the knockdown texture on my walls so that I can apply a faux effect paint?
Scraping and sanding the knockdown would be a lot of messy work and would probably create wall damage that would then need repair.





You can use several faux techniques over the texture, in particular, sponge painting, plastic wrap and craft paper techniques should look great over a knockdown texture.
  • african american hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment