Sunday, February 21, 2010

How do i paint textures and fine details realsitically with oil paints?

eg. grass, hair, fur, netting or mesh when you should still see the background through, certain textures, sand and loads more? and how do i get the details fine enough, when they are really small. How do i paint textures and fine details realsitically with oil paints?
You are asking for quite a bit here. All i can suggest is doing what i did when i decided to learn to paint with oils and had the same questions myself. I started with library and bookstore books. Alot of it has to do with using the right brush, allowing for drying time, using a thinning medium like linseed oil, and alot of practice. My work can be checked out at hellosanantonio.com under artist name GUERRO1.How do i paint textures and fine details realsitically with oil paints?
Since my style is sort of impressionistic, I am not all that prone to detail. But if you paint thin an extender such as licensed oil and a good quality brush will help you.





In my case where I paint pretty thick with oils I use different type of brushes for certain textures. For example, I use a fan brush for grass. It allows to move the paint leaving an impression.





Hope that helps some.
  • african american hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment